Can I Use REVITIVE?
Who can’t use REVITIVE?
REVITIVE should not be used by some people.
Do not use if (contraindications):
- Fitted with an electronic implanted device such as a heart pacemaker or Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD)
- You are pregnant
- Being treated for, or have the symptoms of, an existing Deep Vein Thrombosis (“DVT”)
Long periods of inactivity can put you at greater risk of developing Deep Vein Thrombosis
(DVT). DVT is a blood clot and usually occurs in a deep leg vein. If part of the DVT breaks off it may lead to potentially life-threatening complications such as pulmonary embolism.
If you have been inactive for prolonged periods and suspect you may have a DVT, consult your doctor immediately. To prevent dislodging the clot do not use REVITIVE. In some cases of DVT there may be no symptoms. However it is important to be aware of the symptoms that may include:
- pain, swelling and tenderness in one of your legs (usually your calf)
- a heavy ache in the affected area
- warm skin in the area of the clot
- redness of your skin, particularly at the back of your leg, below the knee
Consult your doctor as soon as possible if you show any signs of the above symptoms.
Warnings and cautions
- If you have a history of heart problems, consult your doctor before using this device.
- If you are unsure about the suitability of the REVITIVE for you or unsure about the cause of your symptoms, you should consult with your doctor before use.
- Do not use the body pads on your head, face, neck or chest.
- Do not apply body pads directly:
- on open wounds or rashes, swollen, red, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions (such as phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, cellulitis)
- on or close to, malignant tumours
- on areas treated with radiotherapy (within the past 6 months)
- on reproductive organs
- Do not use body pads after their expiration date
- There is a chance you may experience skin irritation or burns beneath the stimulation electrodes or hypersensitivity due to the electrical stimulation
- Warning: Remove all jewellery including watches from hands and wrists prior to Gloves use. This is because the presence of jewellery may cause skin irritation, redness, blisters or burns.
- If you experience adverse reactions, stop using REVITIVE and talk with your doctor.